published under license CC4-BY
posted at 17. Oct '21
Nextcloud is Buggy
I have this setup:
Overall it works, files and bookmarks synchronize, but there are bugs or questionable user experience decisions:
- when I take a photo with the smartphone and I’m offline, I see error messages from Nextcloud it can’t synchronize. Like I can’t tell
- conflict resolution is broken - synchronize works well for new files, but if you update a file, it creates a conflict - but it shouldn’t of course, the file on the server hasn’t changed and client provides a new version. I have to manually click it should replace the old version with latest one. Once the conflict resolution was broken in Android client and I was fucked. And the second time I had to rename the file, otherwise it generated tens of conflict errors.
- related to the point above - trying to autosynchronize Downloads directory and downloading something bigger creates tons of errors - every second or so it tries to upload a new, still partially downloaded file and replace the old, partially downloaded file…
- boomark synchronization (through floccus) works almost always just fine, but once or twice it broke and messed up my bookmarks. Fortunately I have only 200 or so, it’s easy to clean up. Keep backups though and do not delete more than 50% bookmarks at once
- you have to click like 5 times for each item to cancel sharing through a link
I kind of hope this stuff will be improved in future versions.