published under license Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)copy! share!
posted at 25. Apr '19
I don’t believe in serverless
I don’t believe in serverless, because:
- vendor lock-in - you are locked-in to a specific vendor
- price - at first, new stuff is subsidized by provider in form of credits and lower prices
- it’s just a form of RPC
- a container is spun and function is ran….wow. much good.
- but I like the reasonable transparent integration
- but you can really use other forms of RPC, Erlang, …
- of course the complexity is hidden too much, serverless has latency