I don't believe in serverless
posted in Futuristic Dystopic
in section All
I don't believe in serverless, because:
- vendor lock-in - you are locked-in to a specific vendor
- price - at first, new stuff is subsidized by provider in form of credits and lower prices
- it's just a form of RPC
- a container is spun and function is ran....wow. much good.
- but I like the reasonable transparent integration
- but you can really use other forms of RPC, Erlang, ...
- of course the complexity is hidden too much, serverless has latency